The leader board program has been initiated to encourage amateur owner rider members & professionals to support club events, reward members that regularly support club events and for members to look forward to recognition of their hard work and commitment with their horses from the year.
How does it work?
Points will be awarded from each RASDEG event commencing March 2016 whereby points will be awarded from 1st to 10th place. 1st =10 points down to 10th = 1point. At the end of the year all points will be tallied whereby the rankings will be confirmed
Please note you must nominate for this by completing the nomination form attached to the newsletter. Please get your nomination in early as possible as rosettes will be ordered earlier in the year. Horses purchased or officially leased after this date will be accepted.
- Full Financial member of RASDEG
- Must meet the requirements of Gold Club –one whole day as a non riding volunteer
- Owner Riders eligible only, other than those with a formal EA horse lease
- Horse & Rider combinations must attend a minimum of 3 RASDEG competitions (6 classes) between March –Nov 2016
- All ponies must be registered EA and have a current height certificate
- Only RASDEG member classes will accrue points (Official & Participant classes not included)
Q & A
Can I compete on more than one of my horses? Yes
Can I be eligible for more than one level? Yes
- Awards will be allocated per level with major prizes for amateur owner rider, professional winners, runners up and rosettes to the top 5 place getters at every level
- RASDEG will endeavour to seek sponsorship to breakdown categories into Juniors, Young Riders and Ponies however where sponsorship is unable to be sought, all members will compete together other than the Professional Category. Members will only be eligible for one category, e.g. Junior or Pony. Riders under the age of 25 will be awarded on age groups only per level.
- A Pony must not exceed 14.2hh
- Juniors must be under 18 years
- Young Rider 18-25 years
- A Professional is someone that earns more than $500 per annum from horse related activities including however not limited to: instructing, campaigning horses for a fee or the buying or selling of competition horses
Cash Sponsorship Sought
In order for this initiative to occur RASDEG is seeking cash sponsorship from members and local businesses.
PLATINUM SPONSORSHIP- CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION INCLUDES EMBROIDED RUG & ROSETTES $140 PLUS PLACING ROSETTES TBA
GOLD SPONSORSHIP –CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION $140
SILVER SPONSORSHIP – RESERVE CHAMPION $40
BRONZE SPONSORSHIP –TBA $10 PER PLACING
Leader Board Inquiries
The leader board system rules will be progressive in development as the questions arise. Apologies for this, however we will do our best to keep you updated.
Please call Olivia on 0401 016 160 Leader board Coordinator to discuss if you are keen to support this new program and ensure that the program continues.
Conditions of Entry
Please note RASDEG reserves the right to combine, split, add or remove classes as required.
Nomination for Leaderboard Awards
Junior under 18 years
Junior 18-25 years
Pony under 14.2hh