Dear Members of the Equestrian Community
As you may be aware, there are some real challenges with our current arrangement at the Pony Club grounds. The Redland City Council has purchased land in Heinemann Road, Mt Cotton for a sports facility and invited RASDEG to make a submission for the inclusion of a Redlands Equestrian Facility at this location.
The RASDEG committee has put a huge amount of work into this submission to provide a facility for you, our members, where we can run events at a facility consistent with the required standards in the EQ Statewide Facilities Plan and run our Club free of our current constraints at the Pony Club grounds.
Redland City Council has now released the Draft Plan for this precinct. The plan states … equestrian activities have not been accommodated in the Master Plan.
Needless to say, we are very disappointed, BUT this is only a Draft Plan and this is just the beginning ! There is still much we can do to have an Equestrian Facility included.
HOWEVER - We cannot be complacent! We need your involvement NOW!
What can you do?
- Fill in the online survey here!
- Write a letter to a Redlands Councillor
- Have your family and friends write a letter too!
- Write a letter to the Queensland Minister for Sport - Michael De Brenni
- Attend a Pop Up Heinamann Road Precinct Information Session and give your feedback
- Thursday 6 February, 12pm–2pm: Birkdale Fair Shopping Centre
- Thursday 6 February, 3pm–4.30pm: Wellington Point shops, opposite Wellington Point Hotel
- Thursday 6 February, 6pm–8pm: Victoria Point Shopping Centre
- Thursday 13 February, 12.30pm–2.30pm: Cleveland shopping district (near Shingle Inn)
- Thursday 13 February, 3.30pm–5pm: Red Edge Shopping Centre, Redland Bay
- Thursday 13 February, 6.30pm–8pm: Capalaba Park Shopping Centre
- Saturday 15 February, 8.30pm–10am: Alexandra Hills Shopping Centre
- Saturday 15 February, 11.30am–1.30pm: Mount Cotton Central Shopping Centre
Have your say before consultation closes on Wednesday 19 February 2020!!!