We regret to advise our community that RASDEG events are currently suspended until further notice, following advice from Equestrian Queensland regarding COVID-19. You can read the full statement from EQ here.
April 1, 2020: Further restrictions on non-essential travel have required Equestrian Queensland to provide the following advice:
- All Equestrian Queensland affiliated events are to be suspended until further notice
- If you can stay home, you should stay home
- If you need to travel to care for your horse/s, including food, water, exercise, veterinary, farrier, spelling, transfer of ownerships etc. you need to comply with all Commonwealth and State health directives
- That all activity should where possible occur on the property where the horse is located whilst complying with all government restrictions, social distancing and hygiene requirements
- In accordance with the Queensland Health Non-essential business, activity and undertaking Closure Direction (No.4) members can travel (including the transport of horse/s) for the purpose of social sporting activity or training/lessons with one other person whilst complying with all government restrictions, social distancing and hygiene requirements
- That coaches can conduct lessons with a single student and in accordance with all government restrictions, social distancing, hygiene requirements and guidelines from Equestrian Australia and Equestrian Queensland
- That members who provide agistment services from their place of residence need to comply with the Restriction in Private Residences Direction from Queensland Health and ensure that no more than 10 people are present at any one time whilst complying with social distancing and hygiene requirements
- That clubs and commercial affiliates who provide agistment services from their property need to comply with the government directions, social distancing and hygiene requirements
- That veterinarians and other professional services such as farriers are permitted to attend properties as required whilst complying with all government restrictions, social distancing and hygiene requirements.
It is important to note that this information is for members located in Queensland. The public health restrictions and advice determined by each state government may be and sometimes is different state to state.
This advice is subject to change as new advice becomes available.